Blessings Come with an IF!
· I was pondering in my heart as to what type of message could be written pertaining to my experiences for the last two years and how the blessings have increased. The blessings on any of our lives are conditional. They come with an IF. And the opposite of blessing is curse!
· The blessings fall on those who are obeying God’s Word, although we are not perfect in these fleshy bodies that are subject to fall into sin. The reason is, we are living in a sinful (cursed) environment. However, those who are mature(perfect) in Christ, know, understand, and walk in obedience to God’s Word.
· The blessings that God spoke about in the Old Testament are still available for us today. God’s principles never change; therefore, we can stand on every promise that He made. For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us. (2 Corinthians 1:20).That means to work God’s principles and they will work for us.
· Now it shall come to pass, if you diligently obey the voice of the Lord your God, to observe carefully all His commandments which I command you today, that the Lord your God will set you high above all nations of the earth. And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, because you obey the voice of the Lord your God.
Blessed shall you be in the city, and blessed shall you be in the country. Blessed shall be the fruit of your body…………..Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl. Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out (Deuteronomy 28:1-6).
Another principle pertaining to this message about blessings
· Will a man rob [steal from] God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, in what way have we robbed You? In tithes and offerings. You are cursed with a curse, for you have robbed Me, even this whole nation.
· Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and try Me now in this, says the Lord of hosts, If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it.
· For years I have heard people say that tithing is not for today. Here is the New Testament principle for being obedient: Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers (3 John 2).
· How does one’s soul prosper? By studying and growing from one level of maturity to the next. I can truly attest that the blessings of the Lord are on me; the blessings are chasing me down and overtaking me; blessings are so bountiful that it is absolutely overwhelming.
· In talking to someone yesterday, I told them that God has blessed me so much, that it difficult to recall them because they have been and still are numerous.
Encouragement to the readers: “Work God’s principles and they will work for you”
~ Betty A. Burnett ~