Communicating Properly Brings Good Results
Prayers that God Honors 10-5-23
· Yesterday’s message was pertaining to intercessory prayer. Today, the heart and attitude of prayer will be the main focus.
· I don’t do everything right myself, so who am I to judge who God ordains into various positions, whether the unsaved that are called to serve their purpose, or the saved who are the called to be saints of God.
· There is a difference in correcting or warning someone if the Spirit leads them to do so. Even with that being so, we need to make sure we are not guilty of the same sin. All of us are guilty of something, but that doesn’t mean that God is not using us. However, we will not operate fully and as effective in the grace that has been given to us.
· I am posting an excerpt from a message that I heard Sunday – “Living in two Worlds.” This is my take on it.
The earthly world
· The pastor was teaching about the pharisees and how they were asking Jesus was it lawful to pay taxes. They brought Jesus a coin and He showed them what was on the coin. The head of the coin had the inscription of Caesar on it. Jesus said to them “Render (give) to Caesar what is Caesar’s.” (Mark 12:13-27)
· We are to honor our leaders because they are appointed by God (Romans 13:1, 6, 7). We will bring damnation to ourselves when we put our mouths on leaders, even though some of them are evil. We may not like what they do; but we still pray for them, and with the right attitude. Do you want to live a quiet and peaceable life (1 Timothy 2:2)? Pray for the leaders.
· Did you know if your attitude is not right, God will not hear you? Why? Because a bad attitude is showing distaste for another person, and that is sin. If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear (Psalm 66:18).
The spiritual world
· We are to abide by the laws of the land, but if they are not in conjunction with the Word of God, we should not compromise. If the law tells us to go against the Word of God, we should not obey the law. We must remember that everything belongs to God and He is supreme over all. Therefore, we are to honor our Almighty God above all.
· Bottom line, it is a challenge to honor some people because of their ungodly actions, but the Word of God tells us to honor them. Let’s do what God says, and He will take care of the rest.
· Finally, we live in two worlds; we are in this world, but not of this world (John 15:19).
~ Betty A. Burnett ~