Life Without Jesus
· Yesterday I posted a message about the Cross; one side was Adam and sin, and the other side was pertaining to Jesus a being saved (delivered from the penalty of sin).
· Today, the emphasis is what life would be without Christ, it would be empty and meaningless. Until Christ is in peoples’ lives, they are spiritually dead.
· Before Jesus Christ became my Savior, I admit that some of the things I did were fun and they made me feel good. The Word of God says this: choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God than to enjoy the passing pleasures of sin (Hebrews 11:25). This scripture is referring to some saints in the Old Testament.
· That scripture makes a lot of sense to me, as a child of God. I choose to suffer afflictions rather than enjoy the pleasures of this world.
· When I look back over my life and think things over, I can truly say that these are the best days of my life, even through hard trials and tribulations. There is no comparison between the old and the new life. In fact, once I learned and understood the eternal rewards that come with suffering in this life, my soul cries out “Hallelujah”
· Many times, I am misunderstood because I choose not to compromise, although I am human. Those who choose to conform to the things of the world will laugh at the faithful, call us names, ridicule us. We are no better than Jesus Christ who went through much more than we could ever go through. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin (Hebrews 4:15).
· Please honestly and humbly examine your life and see if you are living in a way that is pleasing to God. · For, without Jesus, everything is in vain.
~ Betty A. Burnett ~