“We will be Delivered from the Presence of Sin” What Salvation Means (Part 3)
· The last four messages were pertaining to how “We were Being Delivered from the Penalty of Sin”
· Today, I am sharing the last and best part of what “Salvation” means – “We will be delivered from the presence of sin” when we reach heaven. This is what it means. There will be no more struggling, heartaches, pain, or tears – all things will be new (Revelation 21:5a). No more living in a fallen world (sin sick world). No more funerals, no more sickness and diseases.
· Have you ever been grieved about ungodly talk and ungodly action? Have you watched a movie that you thought was clean, and then you see and hear all that ungodliness?
· When we are delivered from the presence of sin, all of that evil will be forever in our past. In fact, we will have glorified (perfect) bodies with no physical limitations if we desire to be in a place, it will only take an instant to get there.
· Have you ever longed to visit someone who lived far away? With our glorified bodies, we will be there in an instant. In our glorified bodies we will be greater than the angels. Do you not know that we shall judge angels (1 Corinthians 6:3)? While we are on this earth (in our natural bodies), we are lower than the angels.
· We will rule over the angels because we will be just like Christ. We will know everyone even as we are fully known. How can that be that we will know people like Paul and Silas? No one will be a stranger to the other. It’s because we will have perfect knowledge as well as perfect (glorified) bodies. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known (1 Corinthians 13).
We can sing and shout hallelujah! Not only will we have a glorified body, but we will live in a glorified mansion in a glorified city. Our feeble minds cannot image how glorious this will be – Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him (1 Corinthians 2:9).
· We know this because the Spirit has revealed it to us through His Word. Only those who are saved and know His Word.
· Think about a sinful decaying body that is now glorified. Allow your mind to visualize how you will be in the presence of righteousness and holiness forever. Nothing can be compared to it.
· Our physical bodies cannot survive the shared glory that we will be surrounded with. We will see God face to face; that’s why we will have glorified bodies. Remember how Moses could not look at God; if so he would have died because he was in a physical sinful body. But He said, you cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live (Exodus 3:20).
The magnificence of eternity is beyond our comprehension.
When we all get to heaven, what a great day of rejoicing that will be, when we all see Jesus, we will sing and shout the victory!
Note - I am grateful for my teacher who the Spirit of God used to help me prepare these messages and some others in the past.
Coming up – The Apostate Church
~ Betty A. Burnett ~