What an Awesome Week of Fellowship
· Behold, how good and pleasant it is for brothers and sisters to dwell together in unity (Psalm 133). Some of my pilgrim friends and family traveled from North Carolina and New York.
· You are talking about a time, what a wonderful time this past week was. Bible study in-house and on conference call, praying whenever and with whomever, was such a blessing. What a blessedness, what peace was ours, as we leaned and depended on the everlasting arms of Jesus.
· It was so sweet to fellowship with friends and family, (fellowship by eating delicious meals too). The results resulted in joy that only Jesus could give – the fulness of joy was experienced.
· As we continue to walk in this pilgrim way with Christ our Savior, our path grows brighter and brighter day by day, because we are doing whatever it takes to advance the kingdom of God which is not of this world (John 18:36). Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul (1 Peter 2:11).
The only way to abstain from worldly things (fleshly lust) is through the Word of God - Your word I have hidden in my heart that I might not sin against You (Psalm 119:11). For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God (Romans 8:14).
Pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17) and be in fellowship with other brothers and sisters (Psalm 133). I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God (Romans 12:1-2).
· Don’t forget that God wants us to walk in fellowship with Jesus and with our brothers and sisters. When that happens “O What Joy Divine” ·
Blessings ~ Betty A. Burnett