Deceived by Impure Motives
Prayer for God’s Children to Have Discernment
Some People Became Rich and Famous Carrying the Gospel
· This part of history is vitally important, and it is a warning to all those who profess to be born-again to take heed to the Word of God. That is the reason I am praying for my brothers and sisters to use discernment in what and who they are following.
· There are many people who are carrying the Gospel in different ways, yet it is true what they are presenting. However, we should not be influenced by their lifestyle. Don’t be influenced by these people, once you discern what their motives are. They could be saved and just got caught up in the flesh, or they may not be saved at all.
· Some have gotten super rich from their movies, books and so on, but they were exposed for their ungodly living. The Word of God says: For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, nor hidden that will not be known (Luke 12:2). Many of these men and women in our time have already been exposed.
This is what the Apostle Paul wrote
· The former preach Christ from selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my chains; but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel. What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, yes, and will rejoice (verse 16) – Read Philippians 1:12-16.
· One commentary stated that these types of people were concerned about their own welfare and were susceptible [liable to be influenced] to being bribed [persuaded dishonestly, by gift or money], ambitious [having a strong desire or determination to succeed] self-willed [definitely not being influenced by the Word of God] people seeking opportunity for promotion.
· From there it became electioneering [similar to a political campaign], a partisan [a strong supporter of a party], factious spirit [divided/split] that would resort to any method for winning followers – In other words, it became their own domain, not God’s domain [kingdom].
· Who gives anybody that professes to be a child of God the right to do their own thing? These people should know that it’s all about God and not about them. They built on their own foundation (1 Corinthians 3:11-23). If they are born-again, they will not receive rewards.
· Who gives these hypocrites the right to portray Jesus and many other biblical characters as Caucasians? The devil is a liar! Jesus was a man of color, and so were many others.
· Who gives anybody the right to prey on peoples’ emotions and get rich off of them?
Who gives anyone the right to water down the Word to make it sound better, so they can deceive their audience? Watch some of those translations!
· God is not playing; somebody needs to take heed and listen to what the Spirit is saying to the church. That’s why I am repeating this: Even if what is said is true, be discerning when it comes to being influenced by these people with wrong motives.
· Remember this, they as well as each of us, will give account of everything done in these bodies, whether good or bad (Romans 14:12, 2 Corinthians 5:10). Not only that, but they will also not receive rewards. Not being able to discern what is both evil and good is certainly a lack of maturity (Hebrews 5:12). They are still babies on milk.
~ Betty A. Burnett ~