Do you Know Me? I AM Your History
· There are so many aspects of history, which is the study of past events, particularly in human affairs - family history, medical history, history of other people and history of the Bible.
· Today, I am sharing my experience that took place in the early 2000’s. A narrative was presented twice about some locals in Greensboro and surrounding areas who made history. Some were nationally and internationally known.
· Many of the people who made history were there and they briefly shared a few pivotal parts of their life, and at the end of the speech, they said “My name is So and So, I am your history.” Some of the brothers and sisters in the church played the role of those who did not participate. The first year was such a blessing that there was a demand to do it again, and it happened again the next year during Black History month.
· After many years, I have been prompted to challenge the readers about certain people in the Bible, challenge them about their ancestry line, and about the history of some well-known people.
· By the end of the series, a greater challenge will be presented to the readers. Let’s start with the greatest person in history. He was the One who carried out the plan of salvation; He was the One who created all things (Colossians 1:16-18).
· It is much deeper than that; there had to be power to get everything done. For instance, one can have a lawn mower, but it cannot run without the battery or if it’s electric, it has to be plugged in, because that’s the power source.
· This Power which is the third person of the Godhead, empowered holy men of God to write the Bible, which is all about Jesus Christ - HISTORY. God the Father initiated the plan, and He said Let Us – Three personalities working together as one, not three different Gods, but one God is three persons. It is so foolish for anyone to say three Gods when the Word says, Jesus (The Word) was God (John 1:1).
· Look at it like this, when God said, Let Us make man in our image and after our likeness…… We are made of three different parts, but one part of us can never be separated from the other as long as we are living. We are made of body, spirit, and soul (Genesis 2:7).
· Somebody might ask, Why is this so important? Answer: One can never be free until they know history. Jesus said, you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free (John 8:32). How are you going to know the truth and walk in freedom if you don’t know the history of Jesus? If the Son therefore makes you free, you are free indeed (John 8:36).
· I am saying this because it is important that you know Jesus is His fulness. This is the reason; most people will acknowledge God, but what God are they talking about? But when Jesus’ name is mentioned, some people get angry, and they could want you dead, like those men who were so angry at Stephen for preaching a strong message about Jesus, that their hearts were cut, they gritted their teeth and stoned Stephen to death (Acts 7:54).
· You stiff necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you. Which of the prophets did your fathers not persecute? And they killed those who foretold the coming of the Just One, of whom you now have become the betrayers and murderers who have received the law by the direction of angels and have not kept it (Acts 7:51-53).
· God will still send someone with a strong message today, He has not changed. Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also (1 John 2:23).
· How do you know if this is the truth about the history of Jesus? Answer: Everything in the Bible is almost fulfilled. History has been made, and it is still in the making.