Ministry - Apostate Church
The Theme is: Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?” (Luke 18:8b). Since everyone has faith, Jesus is talking about the church
and the faith.
· Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend [strive, fight for] earnestly for
the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints. For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ (Jude, verses 3-4).
· Today’s message is bringing it closer to home, when it comes to the way some ministers have fallen away from the truth and how it is more prevalent as time progresses.
· I will provide scriptures to prove how far the church has moved away from, or shifted off the foundation of Jesus Christ, its Chief Cornerstone (Ephesians 2:20). I will continue to earnestly contend for the faith.
Some of the main points to brought out about all this foolishness will be
· Some of these people have changed the truth for a lie, they are watering/diluting down the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
· The church has become a place of entertainment, rather that preaching and teaching the Word of God.
· Walking outside of grace and walking in the flesh. Believe it or not, many denominations are apostate (not adhering to the full Gospel). I will share what they don’t embrace or accept.
· Ministers self-conceited and puffed up with pride.
· Satan has been successful in some people's lives by influencing them to worship Him- Remember how he wanted Jesus the Son (God in the flesh) to worship him.
· Why am I writing these messages? Because the Spirit of God has led me to. Many leaders will have a distaste for me because these messages are being posted, but the religious leaders did the same thing to Jesus - He was confronted with opposition by them.
· Just as some leaders were out for self gain in Jesus’s day, nothing has changed; just got worse. What I heard a preacher say Sunday about transformation, it’s a wonder if God didn’t strike him down.
· Warnings always go out before judgment – Noah (Genesis, chapters six and seven). Sodom, and Gomorrah (Genesis, chapter 19).
· There could be more to write about, but for now this is what was given to me. Hopefully, by the time the readers absorb the messages, their eyes will be opened to the truth.
· We need to remember Andre Crouch and the song he composed “Take Me Back”
~ Betty A. Burnett ~