First Week of 2024
· I loooooove the Word of God, and I also love music, especially Christian music that lines up with the Word of God.
· After writing about “Just Another Day”
yesterday, I thought about the song Auld Lang Syne, the song that is associated with New Year. Part of the first verse is “Should old acquaintance be forgot. And never brought to mind”
· What came to my mind was this, if the world can sing a song of remembering old acquaintances, why can’t we remember all the great things God has done for us?
Now that “Just Another Day” has been posted, there are other songs about God keeping and blessing us, so today consider “It’s Another Day’s Journey," and how God has allowed our lives to go on despite any negative experience you and I had in 2023. This is the meaning of the song- Rejoicing in the day that that the Lord has made.
· We should be grateful that He brought into 2024, with whatever the challenges were in 2023 were left behind. Like Auld Land Syne, we don’t forget God’s goodness, but as we move forward, any negativity should be bygones.
· In other words, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:14). We should purpose to grow closer to the Lord in 2024, than we did in 2023.
· As we continue on our journey, let’s be glad that the Lord allowed us to get some things right that we didn’t do last year.
Why don’t we sing like Shirley Caesar “It Another Days Journey, and I’m Glad About it” We really can say, it’s another years journey, and we should be glad about it.
~ Betty A. Burnett ~