"The Icing on the Cake"
A Heart of Compassion
· I must give God the praise for what He has being doing during my recuperation period. I guess some of you are wondering: “How in the world can she be recuperating and posting messages every day” – “Don’t judge a book by the cover”
· Well, it’s like this; the devil only afflicted my breast. Everything else is still working and right well! My prayer partners, some family members and others who are close to me know what is going on with me. I have not been out since the surgery on November 9th , but the Lord has sent certain ones to assist me, wherever the need is.
· Each day a family member or a friend would visit me and I am overwhelmed by the food, cards, floral arrangements, gift card, book, scripture throw, healing cream, text messages, phone calls, and even social media, that the Lord used to bless me. Oh my, I almost forgot about the money! I hope nothing was left out. I also thank the Lord for being pampered.
I told someone that “I’m getting spoiled” She said “You deserve it after helping others for all those years” Although I was not thinking of it that way, I’m enjoying every moment of it.
· I received a beautiful card from the Bible study class that I attend and the pastor’s family with words of love and their signatures. I have been the church and Bible study class for a little more than a year, but never became a member. Yet they have reached out to me as if I were one of their own. “That’s what Love is about”
This is the “Icing on the Cake” While sitting at the computer, the phone rang and I was totally surprised as to who it was. One of my dear sister/prayer partner/friends called and it was quite a surprise. It was only a few hours before her mother’s wake, but she took the time to call and check on me. That is what I call being sensitive and also she has a heart of compassion. “That’s what Love is all about”
· We were praising God together for what was revealed to me yesterday, can’t tell ya’ll yet, because there is more to the story. Thank you dear sister Kelly Johnson, you really “Put the icing on the cake”
Forever grateful ~ Betty A. Burnett