The Importance of Angels in the Birth of Jesus – Day 19
· Angels have always ministered to people in various ways, and they will always be present, even in the eternal realm.
· Yesterday’s message showed how the angel ministered (spoke to her directly) to Mary.
Angels are huge and strong, therefore the first thing that came from Gabriel’s mouth was “Fear not” Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God (Luke 1:30).
· This was in the previous message. After Jesus was born, it was the angel that warned Joseph. Now when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in
a dream, saying, Arise, take the young Child and His mother, flee to Egypt, and stay there until I bring you word; for Herod will seek the young Child to destroy Him
· When he arose, he took the young Child and His mother by night and departed for Egypt, and was there until the death of Herod, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt I called My Son (Matthew 2:13-16).
· This is not in chronological order, but the ministering of the angels is important. Although I said images would not be posted because we don’t know what Jesus looked like, but it is necessary to put emphasis on this. Egypt was and mainly still is known to be a place where people with darker complexions live.
Internet - Although Egypt was conquered many times by outsiders (the Romans, the Greeks, the Persians etc.), you will be surprised to know that the many political changes did not actually affect the appearance and complexion of the Egyptian population. In fact, the ancient Egyptians look much the same as present day Egyptians. [I love history].
With that being so, if Jesus had a European complexion, how would he have blended in with the Egyptians?
· Back to the angels and the important role that they played in Joseph and Mary’s lives, and the awesome role they are in all our lives. Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation (Hebrews 1:14)? They warned Joseph, and ministered to him in dreams, but God uses them to protect us. For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways (Psalm 91:11).
· Gues what? When the devil tried to take us out, by an accident and so on, God had His divine protection upon us. That’s why we should be grateful that His angels are watching over us.
~ Betty A. Burnett ~