What You Don't Know will Hurt Yourself and Others
· We should always be able to give answer to everyone who asks about the “Good News” Of Jesus Christ. But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that ask you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear (1 Peter 3:15).
· The Gospel of Jesus Christ is “Good News,” Truth, The Word, and it is to be spoken truthfully. Suppose you were in the company of people discussing the Word of God, or just suppose you were witnessing or ministering to someone. What is spoken takes effect whether is truth or error.
· But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strife (2 Timothy 2:23). If you don’t know, please don’t be too prideful to say so.
· No one has perfect knowledge because we are not perfect. However, we should be careful how we share the Gospel of Jesus Christ. All those who are a part of Burnett Ministries have learned not to say what the Bible does not say. We say it like this when someone is discussing the Word; “Show it to me in the scripture." If the person cannot show where it is, then we don’t receive it.
· I don’t remember all the scriptures or where they are located, but I know how to pull them up on my phone by using key words. My phone and laptops have become my concordance; for me, it’s easier to find the scriptures.
· Everybody does not remember where all the scriptures are, but if we have been saved for five years or so, some scriptures should be retained. And please do not say “I don’t know where it is, but it’s there”
· Some people take what they hear from different organization quotes and include it in their prayer like the “cool carpet of the earth.” That is not in the Word of God!
· It is embarrassing and shameful to say things that are not in the Bible or that is not inferred (to conclude with facts). It reveals where a person is in their walk with Christ. And those who are not open for correction are prideful. A mark of maturity is to admit that we could be wrong; and check it out again, because we all make mistakes.
· There have been times that I was challenged on social media and later posted that a mistake had been made. Learned and mature people just don’t take what they hear and run with it; they search the scriptures for themselves to see if what has been said is true.
· I am saddened by the people that come across my path who say they are saved, they say they love the Lord, but when it comes to them being learned, there is hardly any evidence. Jesus said if you love me keep My commandments. One of those commands is study the Word of God (2 Timothy 2:15).
· Being open to the truth opens the heart to true praise and worship! God inhabits the praises of His people (Psalm 22:3) [to sit, remain, dwell]. O’ magnify the Lord with me. Let us exalt His name together (Psalm 34:8).
~ Betty A. Burnett ~