Who's the Greatest? Read and See!
Does God Show Distinction with His Children? 10-14-23
· Today I want to acknowledge a brother/minister in Christ who celebrated many of his fellow-laborers in the ministry during this month which is recognized as “Clergy Appreciation Month”
· I especially thank this brother for acknowledging some female clergy, including me as well as male clergy. In my twenty-three years of being licensed and ordained into ministry, I have experienced a distinction between the two sexes.
What does the Word of God say about female ministers?
· I do believe that females should not hold certain offices, however God uses them in the capacity that lines up with His Word.
Some of the Women God used.
Sarah – wife of Abraham who was the mother of nations. And I will bless her and also give you a son by her; then I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of peoples shall be from her (Genesis 17:16).
Esther – saved her people, the Jews (Esther 1:8-17).
Deborah – Now Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, was judging Israel at that time (Judges 4:4).
Rahab – hid the spies and she and her house received salvation. And Joshua spared Rahab the harlot, her father’s household, and all that she had. So, she dwells in Israel to this day because she hid the messengers whom Joshua sent to spy out Jericho (Joshua 6:25).
Mary – was the virgin mother of Jesus Christ. (Genesis 3:15, Isaiah 7:14, Luke 1:26-38).
Elizabeth- mother of John the Baptist, who was forerunner of Jesus Christ (Luke 1:57).
Anna- prophetess and intercessor (Luke 2:26-38).
Priscilla, along with her husband Aquila -they were apostles, because a church was established in their house (Romans 16:3-5)
Phoebe – a deaconess I commend to you Phoebe our sister, who is a servant of the church in Cenchrea, that you may receive her in the Lord in a manner worthy of the saints and assist her in whatever business she has need of you; for indeed she has been a helper of many and of myself also (Romans 16:1-2).
· What about Joel’s prophecy (Joel 2:28-29), and Peter’s spoke what Joel had prophesied (Acts 2:16-18).
· Thanks be to God that He does show partiality (Romans 2:11), and no one who was/is born-again was/is left out; He has ministry for each of His sons and daughters (Romans 12:6-7).
· Praise the Lord for loving us all the same. And thanks again to my brother and fellow laborer for acknowledging “Clergy Appreciation Month” which also included us women.
~ Betty A. Burnett ~