Jesus said ~ "Surely I Come Quickly"
The Last Days
· We are living in dreadful times and it important for the children of God to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ confidently and boldly, as never before.
· The world is in such an uproar, and the church is not doing what they’ve been called to do. The warning is for the church to start taking the kingdom of darkness by force (Matthew 11:12), spreading the Gospel unashamedly regardless of Satan’s onslaughts.
· This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof: from such turn away (2 Timothy 3:1-5).
· The last days began at the church age in the book of Acts. However, as time progresses the days became more and more evil and they will reach a peak prior to Jesus’ return (1 Corinthians 15:51-58, 1Thessalonians 4:13-18). As a matter of fact, the children of God will be rescued from this just as Noah and his family were (Genesis 7:23). Jesus said this about His coming: But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be (Matthew 24:37).
· There is a long list of words in this scripture and most of them are self explanatory, but I want to key in on a few.
· It is evident that people who are lovers of their own selves are prideful and high-minded, boasting about their accomplishments. They are not appreciative, and they do not have a natural affection for others, because they are self-conceited.
· False accusers - Wouldn’t it stand to reason that false accusers despise those who are good? After all Jesus said: Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you (Matthew 5:11-12). Satan does not like it when we are being a bright light to others. He will do everything possible to damage our reputation.
· Many of the younger generation of people are disobedient to parents, and they don’t respect other elders. The Word of God tells Children this: Obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honor your father and mother, which is the first commandment with promise: that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth (Ephesians 6:1-3).
· Stand up in the presence of the aged, show respect for the elderly and revere your God. I am the LORD (NIV- Leviticus 19:32). When bad things begin to happen and these younger people do not know why, it’s because they are disobedient to their parents and they dishonor the older people.
· They are lovers of pleasure more than they are lovers of God, meaning sensual pleasure. In this sense, being sensual means getting pleasure from the physical world and taking the time to indulge in the senses, and vain amusements. Worldly entertainment is not good - it is influenced by Satan, the god of this world (2 Corinthians 4:4),
· Having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof - They will act religious, but they will reject the power that could make them godly.
· From such turn away - Do you think I want to be involved with these types of people? No way! And you as readers, shouldn’t either. Let’s keep pressing forward (keep our eyes on Jesus) as we wait for Jesus to come and deliver us out of this sinful world.
~ Betty A. Burnett~