Look at the Signs!
Perilous Times Breakdown (Part 2)
· Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth (1 Timothy 4:1-3).
5) Forbidding to marry – Let’s see what Jesus said about those who are graced to be eunuchs. For there are eunuchs who were born from their mother’s womb, and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven’s sake. He who is able to accept it, let him accept it (Matthew 19:12).
· People who forbid others from being married, is out of line with the Word of God. God was the One who instituted marriage and if a person remains celibate by choice, which is something different. God gives them the grace to abstain or have a desire for sex. No one has the right to force someone to become a eunuch.
Bible study tools from the internet: Jesus distinguishes three kinds of “eunuchs” in that verse: natural eunuchs (“born that way”), forced eunuchs (“made eunuchs by others”), and voluntary eunuchs (“those who choose”).
6) Commanding to abstain from foods – pork
There are different religions that do not eat pork; it is considered unclean( Leviticus, chapter 11, and Deuteronomy, chapter 14). That was the command given to the Hebrews, and this is the reason why. The Lord wanted His people to be different/separate from the gentile nations, therefore He told them to abstain from unclean food.
· They did not have the Spirit of God living in them, so, abstaining from certain foods made them different from other nations. The Spirit of God lives in us, and our bright lights make us look different from ungodly people.
Peter’s vision– Peter went to a housetop to pray and he had a vision. The next day, as they went on their journey and drew near the city, Peter went up on the housetop to pray, about the sixth hour. Then he became very hungry and wanted to eat; but while they made ready, he fell into a trance and saw heaven opened and an object like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him, and let down to the earth. In it were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air.
· And a voice came to him, rise, Peter; kill and eat. But Peter said, not so, Lord! For I have never eaten anything common or unclean. And a voice spoke to him again the second time, what God has cleansed you must not call common (Acts 10:9-15).
· Peter was going to be sent to the house of a Gentile, called Cornelius so he could be born again. Peter preached to all who were in Cornelius’ house and they we saved (Acts 10:17-48). The Gospel of Jesus Christ was not for the Jews only but also for the Gentiles, praise God!
I can hardly wait for the next message; it puts the icing on the cake. Stay tuned – I’ll be back tomorrow, Lord willing.
~ Betty A. Burnett ~