Shifting from the Foundation
Walking Outside of Grace - Series 10-19-23
· It is known that we are saved by God’s grace (Ephesians 2:8-9), and we cannot lose our salvation. So, what does walk outside of God’s grace mean. Many think people lose their salvation when they step outside of grace. Not true! The Word says where sin abounds, grace abounds more (Romans 5:20). This means that we can never out sin God’s grace, praise the Lord!
· Even still, it is ether works or grace; all works or all grace. When we walk in grace the Holy Spirit produces the works in us, only because we are yielding to Christ.
· We can walk in the flesh and that displeases God, but He took care of that before the foundation of the world. Our God knew everything we were going to do throughout our lives. Since nothing we do surprises God, why would anyone think when they fall into sin, they lose their salvation, why would any son or daughter of God think they are still sinners, when He made us complete (Colossians 2:10), even though we fall into sin (1 John 1:9). We were sinners, but we have been changed (1 Corinthians 6:11). Example: Once a caterpillar turns into a butterfly, it will never be a caterpillar again.
· Anyone who thinks like this is legalistic and they do not understand the finished work of Christ. This is saying that what Christ did for us was not good enough. Why would He go through all the suffering, dying, and rising again, for us to still be sinners? He took our sins, by becoming sin for us (1 Corinthians 5:21).
· This upcoming series will be to challenge the readers so they can examine themselves as to how mature they are in their spiritual walk. The Word of God reveals who a person is. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account (Hebrews 4:13).
· This series will reveal if the person is carnal (walking outside of God’s grace), or mature. This will make all of us think, and even be convinced that a change should be made in our lives.
· Although I am a mature believer, I still am not one hundred percent; that will happen when I get to heaven. There are things that I am careful of being involved with and try to avoid being in that kind of environment, whenever possible.
· If the Lord has ordered my steps (Psalm 119:105, 133) for me to be in certain places for His glory, that is different. After all, we are to be bright lights wherever we are (Matthew 5:16).
· Years ago, I learned that whatever and whoever I was surrounded by, influenced my walk, whether negative or positive. In fact, just recently I started using a popular phrase, sadly to say, it has really affected me. Because I heard it so much, it was easy to pick it up and it is difficult to break that habit, but I’m still working on it with the Lord’s help. The Word of God tells us this, Do not be deceived: Evil company corrupts good habits (1 Corinthians 15:33)
· Get ready for the challenges, desire the sincere milk of the Word so you can grow (1 Peter 2:2, 2 Peter 3:18).
· Lord willing, tomorrow, I will list some words that don’t reflect God’s grace.
Grace and Peace ~ Betty A. Burnett