The Best House That was Ever Built!
Whose House Would You Rather be in?
I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord (Psalm 122:1).
· The Word of God tells us not to forsake the assembly of the saints (Hebrews 10:25). Because of the Covid-19 Pandemic, many lives were changed. Today, I will concentrate on the church and how greatly it has been affected.
· When most churches shut down for almost two years, many people have not been back. If a person is able bodied, they should be in physical fellowship with other saints. It is dangerous for any child of God to be alone on a regular basis; the enemy gets more of a foothold.
· Someone might say, “I watch the messages on TV” Is that fellowship? Will the minister pray for you, or will he send someone to visit you?
· The Word of God says, Two are better than one….For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up. Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him (Ecclesiastes 9:9,10, 12).
· Jesus said: For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them (Matthew 18:20).
· Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! (Psalm 133:1)- There is strength and power when we are in one accord.
· These are three of the most important things in a born-again person’s life 1) the Word of God is a lamp to our feet and a light to our path for clear directions (Psalm 119:105).
2) Prayer is powerful and effective when we are fervently praying (James 5:16). 3) Fellowship with each other and we should be accountable to one another. This keeps us from getting off the altar of sacrifice (Romans 12:1)
· The Word, praying, fellowship, and unity of the saints will keep the demonic spirits from getting a foothold. I am in some type of assembly everyday; to whom much is given, much is required (Luke 12:48b).
· Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all (Ephesians 4:3-6).
Wouldn’t you rather be connected with those who are of the Lord’s house?
Love fellowshipping with others ~ Betty A. Burnett