Faith that Move Mountains
Where is Your Faith?
Leaning and Depending on God
· On November 9th, I was blessed to have surgery in the Outpatient surgical center at a hospital. The surgeon said this: “No surprises” and it the procedure only took forty-five minutes.
· While being prepped for the surgery, I watched a TV show “The View” and a story was being shared about infertility and how sharing it publicly is a blessing and encouragement to others. This was especially encouraging to me, since one aspect of my ministry is to share my experiences as well as others for others to be blessed, and for God to be glorified.
· When we read the Bible, many of the verses pertain to the writers’ personal experiences, to encourage us. With that being said, we are to use their experiences whether good or bad as a learning lesson.
· This is of utmost importance – please get yearly mammograms. I have been getting mammograms for years, but due to the density of my breast and the calcifications (breast calcifications are calcium deposits within breast tissue), it was difficult to determine if there was a mass during exams.
· I believe this was an attack from the devil to hinder my ministry, but it didn’t work; the weapons of Satan were formed, but they did not prosper (Isaiah 54:17). This reminds of how Satan tempted Eve to sin and from that Adam sinned - Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned (Romans 5:12) — this only interrupted God’s plan, it didn’t stop it.
· Yesterday’s appointment with the surgeon was also amazing; the doctor had all good news for me. I am cancer free, praise the Lord! Although the surgeon still advised me to get treatment that would help to keep cancer from reoccurring. My words - the devil will try to attack my body again, but God is greater than the devil.
· He allows this for people to be encouraged, which will cause their faith to increase and God our Father will be glorified. I am going forward with whatever way the Spirit reveals to me. Right now, I am rejoicing at what the Lord has done.
· Some people feel that they will never get stricken in their bodies. If there were true, how could we ever tell others that by Jesus’ stripes we receive healing (Isaiah 53:5, 1 Peter 2:24). And why did God give people certain, or different abilities. The Word of God also says: Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all (Psalm 34:19).
· Luke was physician (he authored the book of Luke and Acts), and on top of that, Jesus Christ came to heal, deliver and set all those free who had been afflicted by the devil (Acts 10:38).
· Be blessed and keep up with your health, and regardless of what may come, trust Jesus through it all.
Walking by Faith ~ Betty A. Burnett