Pride versus Humility
Upside Down Chaos 10-17-23
· This message is related to women and their roles. It was forestated in another message that everybody that God created is equal (Romans 2:11). However, the role is different.
Example: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are equal and the three are One. But, each has a different role, the Son and the Spirit submit the Father. God the Father designed the plan for everything (Genesis 1:26), the Son carried out the plan (Colossians 1:16-17), and the Holy Spirit is the power behind which it is being carried out (Genesis 1:2). Equal, but different roles.
· There has been a chaotic situation in the human race ever since
Eve yielded to temptation. I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; in pain you shall bring forth children; your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you (Genesis 3:16).
· I agree with this footnote from John McArthur ESV Study Bible, and from my teacher.
The woman’s desire shall be to lord over her husband, but the husband shall rule by divine design.
Reference- Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything. Nevertheless, let each one of you in particular love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects [reverence] her husband (Ephesians 5:22-25, 33).
· I am going to share the difference between two women - two opposite types of spirits and how one was controlling and the other was submissive.
Jezebel was married to King Ahab; he allowed his wicked wife to rule over him. The Hebrew Bible presents Ahab as a wicked king, particularly for condoning Jezebel's influence on religious policies and his principal role behind Naboth's arbitrary execution.
Jezebel was so wicked that she had a terrible death by being pushed out of a window, her blood was splattered on the ground and dogs ate her body, and God did not permit her bones to be buried.
· Jezebel persecuted and tried to destroy God’s prophets, she established Baal worship throughout Israel, and turned people away from the God who had rescued them from slavery in Egypt. She even caused Elijah to run in fear to the extent that he wanted to die because he thought he was the only one left, but God dealt with him.
· The Jezebel spirit is prevalent in the church today - Women have taken over the role of leader, because it is said that there are not enough men in the church. But that doesn’t make sense when God established the order of headship in the church and in a marriage. When Elijah thought he was the only prophet left, God told him, I have reserved seven thousand in Israel, all whose knees have not bowed to Baal, and every mouth that has not kissed him (1 Kings 19:14, Romans 11:14).
Sarah, the wife of Abraham was submissive and she called him lord. After I am worn out, and my lord is old, shall I have pleasure? The word "lord" is Strong's Hebrew 113, אָדוֹן.
· 1 Peter 3:6 suggests that her calling her husband "lord" indicated submission and obedience. What did the word mean in ancient Hebrew culture? As Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, whose daughters you are if you do good and are not afraid of any terror (1 Peter 3:6).
· Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered (1 Peter 3:7). With the wife being the weaker vessel, would it make sense for her to have the role of a pastor?
· So, where does all this foolishness come from? Satan of course! He wants to reverse God’s plan because He hates God and His children. Please stop falling into temptation and take the proper role in the marriage and the church.
~ Betty A. Burnett ~