Walking in Good Health Day 4
· 2023 brought some unexpected things in our lives and many of us overcame those obstacles that could have hindered us.
· Let me explain what good health means to me. To have a right mind, movement of the limbs, still able to work, do the work of the ministry, and so on.
· If you are experiencing good health, that is reason to give thanks to God. If you can talk, hear, and see, you are blessed. Think about all the people in our lives who are not as healthy as some of us are; we should be thankful for God’s grace that has kept us. We can truly say “Through many hard trials and tribulations, we made it over” by God’s grace.
· Even when things did not go well, even for those who have been diagnosed with permanent illnesses, God’s grace kept them too. After God explained to Paul about His grace, he understood.
· And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Therefore, most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore, I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong (2 Corinthians 12:7-10).
· God knows what it takes to keep us humble, He’s not punishing or hurting us, He wants us to depend solely on Him and not get big-headed.
Let’s get to the condition for walking in health - that’s not the end of the sentence (verse); as your soul prospers - Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. For I rejoiced greatly when brethren came and testified of the truth that is in you, just as you walk in the truth. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth (3 John 2-4).
This is the catch! How does one’s soul prosper? Through studying, learning, and understanding the Word of God. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free (John 8:32). Having knowledge of the truth is liberating; that’s how one prospers and is in health.
· When you know the truth, you can stand on the promises of God. For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us (2 Corinthians 1:20). God gets glorified through our testimonials of His goodness.
· Now that you know what it takes to walk in health and prosper, why not start doing it now, and you can move into 2024 with the right mindset. Once you get into the habit of studying the Bible regularly, it will be a breeze (2 Timothy 2:15).
Walking in good health ~ Betty A. Burnett