Who and What Do You Believe?
What Did Jesus Say About the Last Days?
· As I conclude this part of the falling away and things that are happening in the last days, I saved this message for last because this is what our Savior prophesied would take place. Also, what Jesus said carried more weight than anyone else. Not only that, but it proves that the Word of God is true, because we see these things that were written unfolding before our eyes.
· Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?
· And Jesus answered and said to them: Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, I am the Christ, and will deceive many.
· And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places (Matthew 24:3-7).
· The verses that precede that are referring to the tribulation, so please don’t put them together because these are two different times.
Many will say I am the Christ – I heard a certain minister say he was the “Messiah”
Wars and rumors of wars – There have been wars for thousands of years, but not like the many wars during our time. And, when it comes to the most recent war in Israel, that really shows how close it is to Jesus’ return.
Nation against nation – this means nationalities against nationalities (different races of people).
Kingdom against kingdom – These are countries against countries.
Famines – People are starving in many parts of the world due to lack of food. But there is also a famine of God’s Word (Amos 8:11). Many people who profess to be born-again do not have a hunger for the Word of God (Matthew 5:6).
Pestilences – Many diseases have surfaced; but this last one called the Covid-19 Pandemic keeps resurfacing with different variants.
Earthquakes in different places – There have been different kinds of earthquakes like tsunamis and volcanic earthquakes and they happen in many parts of the world.
· Even though Jesus said to His disciples the end was not yet, that was over two thousand years ago, therefore His return is much closer that some people think.
· Are you prepared to meet Jesus in the air when He returns for those who received Him as Lord and Savior? (1 Corinthians 15:51-58, 2 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
~ Betty A. Burnett ~